Re: What is the policy on audio group? and, proposal of a new group for the jack audio server

I would assume the way to go forward would be to report a bug on this?
I have a faint memory of there already being one, but I couldn't find it
anywhere. Also, my last bug report got closed -  and I'm not even sure
what to report it against (base?).
Perhaps someone else would be more competent at writing one, or could
provide some tips for me on how to do it?

Seems to me there's somewhat an agreement on that audio group should
stay, but "regular" user accounts should not be in it by default. This
is the way many other distros do.

Also, the main reason why I bring this up is on account of the jack
audio server. The jackd1/jackd2 package assumes the user is a member of
audio group, which is key in getting realtime privilege for the user who
installs jack. Jack installs a file in /etc/security/limits.d, granting
rtprio and memlock to audio group.
Whenever I bring this up, someone tells me that we should use something
else, like rt-kit, or using cgroups (which I have been experimenting
with lately, but was unable to get to work for some reason - I can
provide more info if someone is interested).
Though this is a bit premature, until we can provide another solution,
and if the user is made to not be default member of audio group, I would
like it if there was a new group specifically for jack.