Re: free choice in installer?

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (2014-11-10 15:57:06)
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> (2014-11-10):
>> If we had the *option* of init system choice at install time (even if
>> completely hidden from default UI only activated by a commandline
>> option), I believe that would radically limit complaints.
>
> We already have, Simon mentioned one way to do it.

Right, I can non-declaratively do whatever - including instruct
debian-installer to install one init system _and_ another one replacing
it.

> You can also chroot into /target at any moment and do whatever you
> like even before the first boot of the installed system.

Right, I can do whatever whenever.

> We have important bugs to fix, and feature requests to implement. This
> whole “init free choice” delirium is definitely not one of them.

Right, I forgot: Debian is not the universal operating system.  Bugs
about choice are not important to fix.

 - Jonas

Clearly delirious.