free choice in installer?

If there was a choice in the installer for Init system and boot loader there would be nobody complaining.

People only complain when there isn't a choice and they are forced to use something new.

I.e.
forced to use ext4 instead of ext3

forced to use grub instead of lilo

forced to use systemX instead of systemY

forced to use GUI desktop crap when they want a server (ubuntu)