Re: free choice in installer?

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:51:50PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jonas Smedegaard:
> > If we had the *option* of init system choice at install time (even if
> > completely hidden from default UI only activated by a commandline
> > option), I believe that would radically limit complaints.
> >
> I doubt that, given the history of this discussion. :-/
>
> In any case, we're frozen, so implementing this choice _now_ should be off
> the table, IMHO.

Maybe adding low priority debconf may not be OK without discussion ...
(If this is pre-approved fixes, still OK until the 5th of January 2015,
though.  https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html)

The release note is still accepting updates as I understand.  If you
care, make a concise description for the pre-seed targeting this issue
and file a bug report with the patch to the release note.

Good luck.

Osamu