Re: [Pkg-swan-devel] say goodbye to network-manager-strongswan?

On 07/28/14 11:38, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> I don't currently use the network-manager strongSwan plugin but that's
> mostly because it doesn't work.

AFAICT it didn't work due to #741415.

Today its broken again. It says

	Could not find VPN plugin service for
	'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.strongswan'.

when I try to edit the strongswan configuration in the GUI. :-(
It still connects using the existing IPsec configuration,
though.

I wonder what this is about. The n-m openVPN plugin has no such
problem.

> Should it work, I'm unsure I would use
> it, but I do use network-manager on one laptop so I should be able to at
> least test it, so I'm ok to put it under pkg-swan umbrella. But I would
> also welcome anyone interested to join the team :)

Surely I would be glad to help. But there is a problem: The
network-manager-strongswan package for Debian is currently
maintained by upstream. I would guess a NMU is no problem,
but it might lead to irritations if we hijack the package.

Regards
Harri