Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>Screen sessions, SSH sessions and computation processes running in
>background are lost after a reboot, not after a relogin.

AIUI this is not true for systemd: once the "session" is
terminated, all background processes run in it are killed
too. There are lots of duckduckgo results for "systemd
screen session" where people describe systemd killing their
GNU screen sessions, changing config files to avoid it,
only for the next systemd upgrade to kill their GNU screen
sessions again.

But if this is fixed/solved in Debian, do tell. (And if it
is not, I consider it a catastrophic failure.)

bye,
//mirabilos