Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

Le Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:32:00AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :

> There are lots of duckduckgo results for "systemd
> screen session" where people describe systemd killing their
> GNU screen sessions, changing config files to avoid it,
> only for the next systemd upgrade to kill their GNU screen
> sessions again.

Really ?  At least not that much in the top of the list.

curl 'https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=systemd%20screen%20session' | lynx --stdin --dump

[…]

   [6]archlinux wiki systemd/User - ArchWiki
   systemd offers users the ability to run an instance of systemd to
   manage their session and services. This allows users to start, stop,
   enable, and disable units found within certain directories when systemd
   is run by the user.
   wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/User

Not a problem

   [7]How To Use Linux Screen - Server Management Services
   Linux Screen allows you to: Use multiple shell windows from a single
   SSH session. Keep a shell active even through network disruptions.
   Disconnect and re-connect to a shell sessions from multiple locations.
   rackaid.com/blog/linux-screen-tutorial-and-how-to/

Nothing to do with systemd

   [8][systemd-devel] [beagleboard] Systemd blowing away screen ...
   Adding the systemd list. I had this working a few systemd releases ago,
   but I now get the same behaviour as you are seeing. Op 22 mrt. 2012, om
   08:32 heeft Ken Restivo het volgende geschreven: > Systemd wipes out
   screen sessions, thus making screen unusable.
   lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-March/004774....

Sent in 2012

   [9]GNU Screen - ArchWiki - Arch Linux
   $ screen -x session_name Autostart with systemd. This service
   autostarts screen for the specified user (e.g. systemctl enable
   screen@florian). ... To send a command to the inner screen session, use
   ctrl+a a, followed by your command. For example:
   wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNU_Screen

Not a problem

   [10]screen - systemd service that needs .ssh/id_dsa password ...
   I have a systemctl service that starts a process smd-loop in a screen
   session. This process requires acces to remote SSH sources (for syncing
   purposes) and thus needs to be able to access my id_dsa private key.
   unix.stackexchange.com/questions/53044/systemd-service-that-need...

Not related to your problem

   [11][SOLVED] Console font ignored after switching to systemd ...
   Newbie Corner ... "Kebertx Member Registered: 2012-01-02 Posts: 69
   [SOLVED] Console font ignored after ..." · "jasonwryan Administrator
   From: .nz Registered: 2009-05-09 Posts: 11,656 Website Re: [SOLVED]
   Console font ignored after switching to systemd Try it without the
   quotes, as per the man ...
   bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=151233

Not related to your problem

   [12]rTorrent+Screen doesn't start properly from systemd ...
   I think that the user session works just like the system session. So
   when it starts systemd --user, it will just start whatever it deems the
   default.target.
   linuxine.com/story/rtorrentscreen-doesnt-start-properl...

Not related to your problem

   [13]Using screen for remote interaction | Linux.com
   Basically, screen allows you to create virtual terminals which are not
   connected to your actual xterms or console screens. You can then
   disconnect from a screen session and reconnect from somewhere else
   while preserving your shell or other running processes.
   linux.com/learn/tutorials/442418-using-screen-for-r...

Nothing to do with systemd

  [14]STOP:c000021a(Fatal System Error) The Session Manager ...
   original title: STOP:c000021a(Fatal System Error) The Session Manager
   Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of
   0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut ... the
   first non-bsod start of windows hanged on a please wait screen.
   answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system/sto...

Not likely to use systemd in the near future

   [15]GNU Screen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
   GNU Screen is a software application that can be used to multiplex
   several virtual consoles, allowing a user to access multiple separate
   terminal sessions inside a single terminal window or remote terminal
   session.
   en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Screen

Not related to your problem

   [16]How to send a command to a screen session? - LinuxQuestions.org
   Thx for the answer. I tried to make a system() call to a screen -x
   sessionname redirecting the output to /dev/null, but it didn't work. I
   found out that I could send the screen -x sessionname command to
   another (temporarily) screen session, but that didn't work neither (see
   below).
   linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/how-to-send-a-...
   [17]Screen User's Manual - GNU
   1 Overview. Screen is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes a
   physical terminal between several processes, typically interactive
   shells.

Not related to your problem

…

And a more precise “https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=%22systemd%20screen%20session%22”;
reports no result.

Can you please stop to pollute this list each time there is ‘systemd’ in the
subject ?

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan