Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

On 2014-07-25 23:04:55 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 25.07.2014 22:43, schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
> > On 2014-07-25 22:18:23 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> >> And we already concluded that you need to logout anyway, even with
> >> systemd-shim. A reboot and relogin isn't that much different from a
> >> users POV.
> >
> > Screen sessions, SSH sessions and computation processes running in
> > background are lost after a reboot, not after a relogin.
>
> You are doing a dist-upgrade while there are running computation
> processes? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I have a Debian/unstable desktop machine that permanently runs
computation processes, so yes. However I don't really mind if
they are aborted. I'm more annoyed when losing my screen and SSH
sessions (to the machine). Now, if this happens only once every
few months, that's OK.

What I really meant is that a reboot is quite different from a
relogin: I log out / in again quite often, and if I need a more
permanent session, I use screen.