Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

]] Martin Steigerwald

> Sure I can go through setting up chroot for that, yet I really think if my
> work requires changes in other packages and the recent systemd changes do
> require this kind of work, I *help* with these changes, instead of uploading
> my changes to unstable *before* the other packages have been fixed.

How long are do you think is reasonable to wait then?  Back in the big
discussion during the winter, I said we'd want to update around Easter
time.  That left four-ish months for those who wanted to have a logind
that would work without systemd as pid in.  We ended up updating in
early July, which means we're talking about six months or so of warning.

I think there are other people who have simply failed to act at anything
resembling a reasonable pace and that you are putting the blame in the
wrong place.

We want to make sure this actually works well for the people who use the
default init system, after all, and there's a freeze coming up.

--
Tollef Fog Heen