Re: How to build-depend on a C++11-capable compiler?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The new release of my package Gyoto should be built preferably with a
> C++11-capable compiler. It can be built with a reduced feature-set
> without, though.
>
> Is there a clever way to ensure that the default compiler is
> C++11-capable, if available in the archive, or should I simply
> Build-Depend on g++ (>=4:4.7)? (The goal behind this question is to make
> life easier for backporters and persons trying alternate toolchains).

Last time I asked:

It was prefered to provide a C++98 ABI compatible library for the time
being. If you start providing a C++11 ABI library people will not be
able to mix symbols from your lib and other part of debian system. As
far as I understand the whole debian should transition to C++11 ABI at
the same time.

2cts