Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

Hello everybody,

may I suggest the Blends framework to those who want metapackages that
influence what is installed by default on their system ?

Currently, one of the main limits of the Blends framework is that it works
mostly by installing metapackages after a default installation.  But I would
love to see an optional Blends menu in Debian Installer, maybe coupled with
possibilities to preseed alternative defaults.

Such a development would open the way to consistent systemd-less Debian systems
for those who like it, and the benefit for Debian as a whole would be a more
powerful Blends framework.

Doesn't it look like a nice ending to the story ?

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,