Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

+++ Thorsten Glaser [2014-07-01 14:45 +0000]:
> Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>
> >So I'm turning to this list for help:
> >
> >  1. Could some competent person tell me the right way to tell apt that it
> >     should fail an upgrade rather than installing systemd?  I guess
> >     I could make a dummy package that conflicts with systemd, but I'm
>
> I made such a dummy package, and Wookey wanted to upload it
> yesterday IIRC. It is not on https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> yet, though.

Ah yes. E-busy. Just uploaded 'prevent-systemd'. Whilst it's sat in NEW, you can get it from:
http://wookware.org/software/repo/
i.e deb http://wookware.org/software/repo/ sid main

You get a choice of 'prevent-systemd' which stops it running as init
but allows the -shim and libpam packages so that logind and the like
will work. Or 'systemd-must-die' which conflicts with everything
systemdish. There may be a need for an intermediate package too, but
lets see how this goes for people.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/