Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

+++ Lars Wirzenius [2014-07-01 18:34 +0100]:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 04:23:01PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> > You get a choice of 'prevent-systemd' which stops it running as init
> > but allows the -shim and libpam packages so that logind and the like
> > will work. Or 'systemd-must-die' which conflicts with everything
> > systemdish.
>
> Wookey,
>
> Please rename the systemd-must-die package to something neutral. Thank
> you.

OK. I did rename the source package, but I liked the binary and thought
anyone else who actually wanted this would enjoy it too, so it seemed
appropriate despite not being entirely 'PC'.

I think some people are failing to see the humour in this name
(and Dawkins knows we could use some humour round this subject), but I
guess if it's not going to be allowed then it's not going to be
allowed.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/