Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 08:57:37PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 01.07.2014 20:21, schrieb Ondřej Surý:
> > On Tue, Jul 1, 2014, at 20:18, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> >> Michael,

> >> please don't get me wrong, this is not an attack on systemd.

> >> There has to be a bug somewhere, if the power button can stop working
> >> in partial upgrades. Maybe the dependencies need to be tighten or
> >> conflict added or it just needs d/NEWS with explanation?

> > Ah, Steve has just posted an excellent explanation of the situation...

> As I mentioned, the bug reporter didn't have systemd-sysv or
> systemd-shim installed.

> In 204-9 we tightend the dependencies of libpam-systemd to depend on
> systemd-sysv | systemd-shim.

> That's the reason why this bug is marked as fixed in 204-9 and I told
> him to install systemd-shim manually.

Ok, thanks for this clarification.  I didn't realize this dependency had not
yet made it into testing.

FWIW, from reading the bug log, it was not clear to me that you were taking
responsibility for this bug and stating that it had been fixed in systemd
204-9.  In fact, I was completely puzzled that the versioned bug closure.
I would suggest that a little more verbosity here might have spared us all a
bit of angst.