Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

Am 01.07.2014 20:21, schrieb Ondřej Surý:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014, at 20:18, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> Michael,

>>> The behaviour of acpi-support-base is correct, there shouldn't be any
>>> bug filed against it.
>>
>> please don't get me wrong, this is not an attack on systemd.
>>
>> There has to be a bug somewhere, if the power button can stop working
>> in partial upgrades. Maybe the dependencies need to be tighten or
>> conflict added or it just needs d/NEWS with explanation?
>
> Ah, Steve has just posted an excellent explanation of the situation...

As I mentioned, the bug reporter didn't have systemd-sysv or
systemd-shim installed.

In 204-9 we tightend the dependencies of libpam-systemd to depend on
systemd-sysv | systemd-shim.

That's the reason why this bug is marked as fixed in 204-9 and I told
him to install systemd-shim manually.

We could extend the check in acpi-support-base to test for the existence
of the systemd-shim binary or the /run/systemd/system directory (which
only exists if systemd is PID 1).
This would also cover the upgrade case Steve mentioned.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?