Re: Please respect Freeze Policy

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 10:08:38PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Unfortunately, it is equally disruptive when people (despite best
> efforts) misjudge the consequences of their upload.  In such a case, you
> would be depriving your fellow co-Debianites from the opportunity of
> getting some patches into testing.
>   /This/ is why we recommend that people upload new upstream releases
> (etc.) to experimental.

Even if you disregard forcing fixes to go through t-p-u, uploads to unstable
do cause practical problems even for users of pure unstable.  For example,
thanks to libldb1, packages like samba, kde-runtime and many others are
uninstallable and will remain so for months.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple