Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 05:02:27AM +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 27.11.2014 11:53, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>
> > Yes, the logind-related parte _could_ be provided elsewhere, but part of
> > the features logind needs is already implemented in systemd.
>
> Can you understand, that this method is exactly one of the major reason
> why many people dont like the systemd faction ?

It looks like the's some interesting development based on ConsoleKit2,
such as LoginKit which translates CK2 calls to a logind-compatible API.

ConsoleKit2 itself appears to be a deep fork rather than just maintained
ConsoleKit(1), there's some internal overhaul and I heard rumours about
providing logind-compatible API directly (thus making the above LoginKit
obsolete).

So it looks there's hope we won't get saddled with systemd-logind.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple