Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

Hi,

Martin Steigerwald:
> > What exactly _is_ the point? It's one git repository instead of five, but
> > what (technical) problem would having five repos and five Debian source
> > packages, instead of one, actually solve?
> >
> > IMHO: None at all. Instead it creates busy-work, and a testing headache
> > because you can't depend on a definite version of $OTHER_BINARY any more.
>
> That is *your* oppinion. And thats it. Others are *perfectly* entitled to have
> *different* oppinions about this.

I did not dispute that others are entitled to their opinions.

But if all they have is an opinion, with no attempt to convey their
reasoning to the "other side" (as you are doing now), then said other
side is (equally perfectly) entitled to disagree.

Unfortunately, that does not always help. As we see …

--
-- Matthias Urlichs