Re: systemd breaking display manager - no way to force?

On 21/11/14 00:45, Norbert Preining wrote:
> so here we are, after the freeze, and systemd stubbornly rejects
> to start lightdm, my default display manager, and in turn tries
> to start lxdm, which does not work because it is not selected as
> default display manager. (Bug reported to systemd already)

I diagnosed this as a bug in lxdm's interaction with
display-manager.service arbitration (basically, lxdm's postinst was
trampling over part of the mechanism for running the single selected
*dm). Sjoerd agreed and reassigned it to lxdm.

This is not a jessie blocker, because lxdm was not in jessie at freeze
time, so it will presumably never get there.