Re: init system policy

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> Seems to me this is a similar limitation as for config.d structures - as
> an example apache2 is now far more modular than in the past but I no
> longer as sysadmin get notified what exactly has changed when I upgrade
> a system with customizations, as I did in the past thanks to the
> monolithic configfile being a conffile.

There was some discussion about this a while back, and I vaguely remember
that systemd comes with a tool that will tell you exactly what you're
overriding.  I'm not sure if that work got all the way to producing a nice
Debian-aware tool or not.

Personally (and this is just a wishlist), I'd love to have functionality
similar to apt-listchanges that would (optionally) show me a report of
every change to any unit file that I've overridden on each upgrade.