Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On Monday, 17 de November de 2014 20:20:56 Josselin Mouette escribió:
> First, Don, I’d like to thank you for keeping the discussion civil. I
> have made a serious accusation, and I don’t want it to be an excuse for
> a mudfight.

The point is not that you have made a serious accusation. It is your right to
do so, if you feel something is wrong. I would even say that it is your duty.

The point is that you requested (you 'urged') maintainers to ignore a CTTE
decision that has not been overturned. This is not being civil.

I strongly support the CTTE decision of systemd being our default, as well as
this one. In fact, any CTTE decision. And if I someday find that a specific CTTE
decision is wrong, I'll work to overturn it, either by providing further
evidence or by convincing somebody of some aspect that they may not have seen.
But not by requesting maintainers ignore a decision.

I have had a hard moment while writing this, because what I really wanted to
write was in a very different mood, but I do not want (another) mudfight.

Keep Debian civil. Do what the CTTE has ruled, and if you feel it is wrong,
raise the case again, or try to overturn the CTTE decision by the correct
means. Have you tried to grab the Secretary's opinion about if the
Constitution has really been ignored?

I think it has not been, and you think it has, and we can agree that we
disagree, but The Right Thing here is not what you did.

Regards

er Envite