Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:02:23 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Unless you want to suggest a specific standardized name for a NMU patch
> branch... but this does seem a bit premature given that nobody is
> currently doing stuff like that. The few persons that I saw commit their
> NMU to git just used the main branch for this (and not some
> alternate/dedicated branch).

This is not completely correct; I know at least one DD who uses
separate branches for pushing NMU/DELAYED changes (Axel Beckert):
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/debsums.git/
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/wicd.git

The branch is called nmu in both cases, if I'm seeing this correctly.

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Dire Straits: Why Worry