Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Tobias Frost wrote:
> One point came to my mind: NMUs
> Can we maybe add some words what would be best practice to handle NMUs?

I think the current best practices are fine: the NMUer should send a
debdiff to the BTS. Maybe the patch doesn't apply on top of the
supplementary changes already committed in the git repository. It's not a
big deal, having to rebase patches is part of the job and it's a task
that maintainers should be able to manage.

If NMUers want to go further and apply their changes to the git
repository, fine, but this is a matter of procedure (and could possibly be
documented in the Developer's Reference) but it doesn't have its place
in this DEP IMHO.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer