Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Richard Hartmann writes ("Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories"):
> > Can you at least suggest, not require, that the NMUer should also send
> > a link to a publicly available branch with the patch(es) which are
> > based on the packaging branch's correct tag? That makes pulling in
> > changes from in-repo simpler and does not force you to download
> > patches, etc.
> > Also, it shows that a consistent pathway from a specific point exists.
>
> This is a good suggestion.

But as I said it's unrelated to this DEP and should be part of the
developer's reference.

Unless you want to suggest a specific standardized name for a NMU patch
branch... but this does seem a bit premature given that nobody is
currently doing stuff like that. The few persons that I saw commit their
NMU to git just used the main branch for this (and not some
alternate/dedicated branch).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer