debian installer, install listofpackages.txt in CD root dir after end install?

It would be very cool if the debian installer had a listofpackages.txt

and that listofpackages.txt could be edited by the user

then we would be getting customized debian installs

some people would edit and tell it to auto install:
- zsh
- lilo instead of grub
- lukssetup (crypt thing)
- ext3 instead of ext4
- Xfree86 instead of Xorg
- systemX instead of systemY

etc. :-)

would be very cool if this was possible
it is hard to do everyone right in the installer

so most people will have to install afterwards

but not if this was possible

they could make their own perfect debian install cd
would be a sysadm's dream..

also the geeks dream

of course there is debootstrap too, but it would be cool if the debian installer could be made like this too
just dragdrop a list of installpackages.txt into base of debian install CD

then the CD finds that list and replaces grub with lilo in end of install if needed

and sysX with sysY if specificed in list

would be the ultimate customization, we would get wikis filled with packagelists for custom debian cds

the biggest problem is we would get nonsupported debian dists, could be a big problem
people claiming they use official debian, but then own packages in installer

still think it would be very cool... debootstrap can provide this, but debian installer can't do this easily

only if you are a debian programmer do you know how to do it probably...

until then I prefer to use debootstrap, I don't like to use the installer because it forces me to use certain packages
i.e. it installs grub and newest kernel for me, which I might not want
or it installs sysX instead of SysY

I know I am picky... and lazy

I do really like the ssh connection to the installer though....

this is just a last suggestion, would make perfect debian installers if this was possible

override all packages after end install if custompackages.txt exists in CD directory
of if it exists on a usbstick on the pc that gets automounted

unlimited configuration possibilities!

I could tell it to install an old kernel, a custom compiled kernel etc.

I often use custom kernels... would have to install those manually after installing as it is now

many sysadms use custom kernels they have compiled for debian themselves
as it is now they have to debootstrap or install normal debian dist
then copy it over afterwards

with this im suggesting they could make their own debian installer with their custom kernel on
custom bootloader etc.

custom kernel is ALSO just a simple .deb package to install!

lilo bootloader is too

so that  listofpackages.txt should just contain .deb filenames to install after end of installation!

would be very unique to the debian installer if this was possible
all people would stop complaining, almost ;)

we would be getting :
debian-simplified
debian-for-sysadms
debian-for-geeks
debian-for-lilousers
debian-for-sysV-users

and many more custom installers (custompackage lists in wikis)