Re: veto?

On 12/11/14 11:43, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:04:05AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> It is very sad to see that contributors sometimes feel that the only
>> option for them is to resign.
>>
>> Would it be worthwhile giving people another option, for example,
>> allowing a percentage of DDs to formally veto decisions?  Would this be
>> better than people leaving outright?
> Can you elaborate which decisions and how many DDs could veto them?

I didn't want to be too specific, to give other people a chance to make
suggestions

However, one possibility is that anybody maintaining an essential
package and anybody who is a DPL delegate would be able to veto.  The
implication is that somebody can still win a GR against the veto, but
they do so knowing that they will have to find somebody else to maintain
some essential packages.