Re: veto?

On 11/12/2014 07:08 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 12/11/14 11:43, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:04:05AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>> It is very sad to see that contributors sometimes feel that the only
>>> option for them is to resign.
>>>
>>> Would it be worthwhile giving people another option, for example,
>>> allowing a percentage of DDs to formally veto decisions?  Would this be
>>> better than people leaving outright?
>> Can you elaborate which decisions and how many DDs could veto them?
>>

> I didn't want to be too specific, to give other people a chance to make
> suggestions
>
> However, one possibility is that anybody maintaining an essential
> package and anybody who is a DPL delegate would be able to veto.  The
> implication is that somebody can still win a GR against the veto, but
> they do so knowing that they will have to find somebody else to maintain
> some essential packages.

I don't agree with filtering the people on what kind of package they
maintain, or if they have a role delegated by the DPL. This makes
absolutely no sense to me: in what way are they more competent, and why
should they have more power than others?

Like many, I'm sad to see Joey going. But the way to have him come back
isn't by adding more complexity to our constitution. In fact, it'd be
quite the opposite: he wishes for technical sanity, and not
administrative decision making (and I have to admit that I can only
agree on his view...).

Thomas