Re: Bad weather in testing ?

On 09/11/14 08:38, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 06:11:45PM +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
>> On 07/11/14 16:15, Ralf Treinen wrote:
>>> There is only one package in the "each" category, and this is a false
>>> positive due to multiarch: lib32nss-mdns, which exists only on amd64
>>> (this is why it shows up in the each category) and depends on an i386
>>> package, which is deliberate in this case.
>>
>> That's a transitional hack [...]
>> (I'm surprised the wine* family of packages don't get similar results
>> though - that's where I stole the idea from.)
>
> can you be more specific? Why do you think that there may be an issue with
> the wine packages?

I thought I remembered that wine:amd64 depended on wine32 which is only
available on i386, but in fact it depends on wine64|wine32, so QA tools
are happy with the situation.

It seems a little odd that wine64 would be the preferred dependency,
since I would guess that most users of Wine are still more interested in
running 32-bit Windows software (I've certainly never wanted to run
Win64 stuff), but presumably the Wine maintainers have done the research
and determined that upgrades from wheezy behave acceptably.