Re: Doxygen and embedded jquery problem, how to solve?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 03:59:44PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> IMO the proper solution is for Debian packaging of doxygen to untangle
> jQuery from extensions, depend on + symlink the jQuery part, provide the
> extensions as a shared package, and patch doxygen code to generate
> docuementation referencing each separately instead of the entangled one.
>
> ...but seems from that README that maintainers of doxygen have already
> reflected on this and disagrees.
>
> I suggest (but won't drive it myself) to file a bug against doxygen to
> kindly reconsider...
>
> ...and until eventually maybe progress on that front, either a) try
> untangle the jquery+extensions code yourself for each and every single
> package using doxygen, or b) embrace same attitude as doxygen
> maintainers and add lintian suppressions referencing doxygen README as
> comment.
>

> I suspect there's nothing new in what I write here - that you've already
> come to same conclusion yourself before posting do devel - sorry that I
> have no better input. :-/

This is the place in which I remind people javascript-common with
multiple versions of jQuery would reduce maintainer burden and avoid
filling the archive with tons of binaries if someone has a spare few hours.

For jessie+1 I guess.

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87