Re: Doxygen and embedded jquery problem, how to solve?

Dear Jonas,

>For the source package I believe you should either...

>a) ensure that the code is truly the code that it claims to be
>    (filename "jquery-1.2.3" quite arguably is not adequate ensurance
>    that it contains unaltered version 1.2.3 of jQuery).
>    This can be difficult to ensure - one way is to build-depend on
>    believed-to-be-same code, and check that content is identical
>    (which may involve re-serialization of content).
>b) repackage upstream source to not redistribute with Debian code
>    which is uncertain what it really is.

the documentation is usually regenerated into debian, not ship with the source code

>For the source package I believe you should either...

>a) Recommend jquery, and patch your code to link against it.
>    This can be difficult: If you use /javascript/... as path it will
>    only work when served by a webserver supporting such indirection
>    (e.g. by use of javascript-common).  If instead you use
>    /usr/share/javascript/... as path it will only work when offline
>    or served by a webserver supporting such indirection (currently
>    no package handles that out of the box).
>b) Depend on jquery, and symlink it from where your code expects
>    it.

>I don't follow why using a symlink is bad - if only you ensure to not
>have broken symlink, by depending on (not recommending) the jquery

The problem is:
vi /usr/share/doc/doxygen/REAMDE.jquery

"
It is not considered a problem for Doxygen or packages using Doxygen to embed
jquery. In fact replacing the `jquery.js` file created by Doxygen likely
results in broken documentation. Packages doing that are buggy. Lintian will
have to learn that a `jquery.js` embedded by Doxygen is a normal thing.
"

they call it jquery, but in fact is not really jquery.

(the solution might be in the doxygen doc file, but unfortunately it isn't accepted by all the developers)

cheers,