Re: Where to upload official OpenStack Debian images?

On 10/29/2014 12:54 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 03:58:04PM +0200, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> As I wrote on IRC, I thought you were busy with arm stuff, so I didn't
>>> dare to ask again. It's probably my fault for not insisting.

>>> That'd be awesome!

>>> 350 / 400 MB for the normal compressed qcow2 image. We could as well
>>> ship the raw image, but I don't think that's necessary since it's
>>> possible to convert the qcow2 back into .img using qemu-img.
>>
>> I'd love to be able to download Debian cloud images from an official place.
>> What is missing/required to make this happen? Can I help?
>
> Simple lack of time thus far, to be honest. :-(
>
> Thomas: where are your images currently?

Hi Steve,

I upload them to the HP cloud, but also over here:
http://archive.gplhost.com/openstack-images/

Though this image contains the bootlogd patch to support logging on
multiple consoles. I'm currently trying to make this updated in
proposed-updates though (see: #767202).

On 10/29/2014 05:13 AM, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> Lets build something like this:
> https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/locator/ec2/ but, for Debian, of
> course... ?
> I can help.

Let's stick to the plan of distributing the images together with the
Debian CDs. It's not the role of Debian to advertize for a particular
provider like Amazon (even though it's IMO ok to maintain the images
within large cloud service providers).

You may also know that we already provide some images within AWS. See
the debian-cloud list. I would recommend anyone that maintain images to
advertize about them in that list rather than in debian-devel or on the
Debian web site.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)