Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On 10/13/2014 at 01:01 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>
>> In any case, users _do_ have a say. They can force their systems to
>> remain on sys5 init, or switch to a different distro if that should
>> also turn out
>
> Which, I should add, is something we measure if the user installs
> popularity-contest and opts-in to its measurements.
>
> http://popcon.debian.org/

Unfortunately, not everyone - or even everyone who would be willing to
provide such feedback, or even actively interested in doing so - is
going to install that.

In my case, I don't install popcon because it pollutes the
tab-completion namespace for 'popd' in a root shell. That interferes
with my workflow to the point that I've reluctantly decided to just not
install popcon - with the unfortunate side effect that my package
preferences don't get counted in this kind of statistics.

--
   The Wanderer