Re: Fwd: bash exorcism experiment ('bug' 762923 & 763012)

Hi,

Adam Borowski:
> > The only acceptable concrete value for 'extremely few' is Zero.
>
> I'd say losing patience is quite understandable in this case

Probably. However, the context of this thread was not at all about a
maintainer who refused to apply a perfectly sensible patch. Getting
confronted with language like that, out of the blue, is no longer
something I'm willing to accept here.

A decade or so ago, this kind of thing was regarded as normal on our
mailing lists. We mostly-succeeded in civilizing the place, and frankly I
like them much better that way.

Slippery slope, and all that.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs