Re: bash exorcism experiment ('bug' 762923 & 763012)

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Adam Borowski wrote:

> change your /bin/sh), 2. being (then) a violation of a "must" clause of
> the policy.

To be fair: my bug wasn’t about -a and -o, but about the printf builtin
which Policy is silent about. Some shells do have a builtin printf,
most don’t. printf(1) lives in /usr/bin, and Md’s init script set the
$PATH explicitly to /bin:/sbin yet still used printf(1), which, for a
POSIX sh script, is probably sensible anyway. He “just” barricaded all
three or four ways I could come up to fix this for the users.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general