Re: bash exorcism experiment ('bug' 762923 & 763012)

On Sun, 2014-09-28 at 16:47 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I've attempted to port the many shell scripts I've written over the
> > years to dash.  The three irritants are:
> >
> >   - pipefail,
>
> <http://cfajohnson.com/shell/cus-faq-2.html#Q11>.

That's one of those "scratch my eyes out" solutions. A more readable
solution is just to say the exit status of each command in a temporary
file.  Given how infrequently the problem arises, it isn't a major
issue.

> >   - local variables,
>
> dash does have local variables support.

So it does!  You now have me wondering why I thought it didn't.

> >   - array variables.

No workaround for this one?  Pity.  This is what usually prevents
conversion.