Re: Proper notation for common licenses

Hi,

FTWIW, the copyright format specification
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/#license-field
explicitly states:

        Use of a standard short name does not override the Debian Policy
        requirement to include the full license text in
        debian/copyright, nor any requirements in the license of the
        work regarding reproduction of legal notices. This information
        must still be included in the License field, either in a
        stand-alone License paragraph or in the relevant files
        paragraph.

(Although I find that unfortunate, and makes me much less motivated to
find out whether a license that looks like a BSD license is actually
one of them on the list, if I still have to include it in the file.)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner