Re: Installing debian-security-support by default

Le vendredi 19 septembre 2014 à 18:44 +0200, Vincent Danjean a écrit :
> I just tried this package that I did not know.
> Two remarks:
> - I find very strange to get notification when upgrading to sid about
>   packages not supported
> - I find very inconvenient to get message during the upgrade
>   that require that I click on "ok". Debconf have been developped
>   so that all questions (but very specific ones) are ask *before*
>   the upgrade. debian-security-support regularly stops the upgrade
>   asking for a confirmation.

I think this way of working is fine for servers or administrated
workstations, where upgrading is usually done either interactively or
through unattended-upgrades.

For personal desktops, I would find it much more useful to get this
feature in PackageKit.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :