Re: Installing debian-security-support by default

On 17/09/2014 22:15, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Hi,
> during the last security team meeting we decided that starting
> with jessie debian-security-support should be installed by default
> on all systems (both freshly installed and upgraded) to have a
> reliable notification channel in case security supports needs to
> be ended prior to the lifetime of the general support timeframe.

I just tried this package that I did not know.
Two remarks:
- I find very strange to get notification when upgrading to sid about
  packages not supported
- I find very inconvenient to get message during the upgrade
  that require that I click on "ok". Debconf have been developped
  so that all questions (but very specific ones) are ask *before*
  the upgrade. debian-security-support regularly stops the upgrade
  asking for a confirmation.

So, on all my systems (but one perhaps), I will remove this package.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA