Re: Trimming priority:standard

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 11:17:34AM -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> I'm not arguing that "standard" should have nothing in it; it should
> have things that the vast majority of users will 1) expect to find
> present without having to install them and 2) actually use or care
> about.

I sympathize with the sentiment, but AFAICT the only way to implement
such a specification would be to actually *ask* our users, and (by
definition) a thread on -devel cannot work to that end. It seems to me
that the only way to implement that spec would be something like a
broadly advertised user survey, with specific questions about the
packages you are interested in.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .