Re: Trimming priority:standard

Le 12/09/2014 16:23, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
>
>> I agree that all those tools belong to a standard UNIX system. However,
>> is that among our goals to provide people with a standard UNIX system by
>
> This is not about “by default”, but it *is* the definition
> of priority:standard in Debian.

No, it's not. The actual definition is very vague and does not refer to
UNIX at all:

standard

    These packages provide a reasonably small but not too limited
character-mode system. This is what will be installed by default if the
user doesn't select anything else. It doesn't include many large
applications.

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-priorities

Kind regards, Thibaut.

--
* Dr Thibaut Paumard       | LESIA/CNRS - Table équatoriale (bât. 5)   *
* Tel: +33 1 45 07 78 60   | Observatoire de Paris - Section de Meudon *