Re: ppc64 not in any-powerpc ?

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> Because any-amd64 matches x32. (I kid you not.)

> Because any-powerpc matches powerpc.

powerpcspe?

These are probably bugs in dpkg and related tools,
and massively unexpected.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Simon McVittie wrote:

> There might be situations where it would be useful to have a way to
> spell "any member of the x86 family", "any member of the PowerPC
> family", "any member of the ARM family" and "any member of the MIPS
> family", but we currently don't.

Please keep this at don’t – there aren’t so many variants of
processors around (arm, i386, ppc, possibly MIPS), but these
that are differ enough (bit sizes, ABIs, endianness even!)
that they are very well considered different architectures.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
>> Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
> Because I use lynx as browser.
+1
	-- Octavio Alvarez, me and ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ (Mario Lang) on debian-devel