Re: PackageKit cleanup: Do you use these functions?

On 12/09/14 14:29, Simon McVittie wrote:
> In an ideal world libraries wouldn't break
> ABI either, but they do; in an ideal world libraries and applications
> wouldn't have security flaws that need stable-updates, but they do. As
> much as I'd like people to implement all the subtleties of re-exec'ing
> from an arbitrary older version, it doesn't seem realistic to expect it
> to happen

... and if given the choice between upstreams spending N hours on
implementing re-exec so their security updates are less disruptive, or
spending N hours on security hardening / defensive programming so their
security updates are less frequent or less urgent, I'd prefer the latter :-)