Re: upgrades must not change the installed init system [was: Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 00:04:07 -0300, Martinx - ?????
<thiagocmartinsc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, during Debian 8 installation, please, provide an "altinit" option (
>http://pyro.eu.org/debian/pool/main/d/debian-altinit/ ?), so, people can
>choose between systemd / sysvinit (before 1st boot). I know that it seems
>easy to just "apt-get install sysvinit-core" after install (1st boot) but,
>at least, Debian users will have an option to select a well tested, init
>system, while it is fully supported.

Please note that our init scripts are going to be a lot less reliable
in a world where only a fraction of our users will actually use them.

Many maintainers will reduce their priority on the to-do list.

Greetings
Marc