Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there?

On 08/09/14 12:45, Ralf Jung wrote:
> I tried to find out what tools are pulled
> in by "standard system utilities", but couldn't find the package in
> aptitute.

The other tasks are packages (e.g. task-gnome-desktop), but
task-standard is special and does not exist as a package. Instead, it
contains all packages whose Priority field is "standard" or higher.

> I don't have
> "Laptop" installed on my laptop, as I don't need either acpi nor
> pm-utils (since I'm on systemd). Also, what's laptop-specific about ACPI
> or wireless-tools or pm-utils? Desktop computers can just as well have
> wireless, or use suspend.

Indeed. The desktop environments available in wheezy (LXDE, XFCE, KDE,
GNOME) all seem to have power management and network configuration
functionality in at least their Recommends, task-desktop Recommends some
minimal networking and power management too, and systemd is able to
suspend on its own anyway, so I think task-laptop may have reached the
end of its useful life.