Re: Jessie without systemd as PID 1?

On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 16:03 +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Svante Signell dixit:
>
> > It would be nice to have the same init system:sysv-core, as well as the
> > same default desktop:mate-desktop-environment (including accessibility
> > enhancements), for all arches: Linux, kFreeBSD and Hurd :-) If possible,
> > this could be an option in the advanced menu of the installer.
>
> Right, but we need multiselect. For example, the user may want
> to choose a desktop, an init system, and another option.

Some food for thought about systemd:
You might have seen this http://ewontfix.com/14
but have you seen this http://ewontfix.com/15
or this http://boycottsystemd.org/

Having a systemd-free option for Debian Jessie is becoming more and more
important. Otherwise (Debian) users might do as recommended in the third
link: Boycott distros that use systemd.