Re: Jessie without systemd as PID 1?

On 09/02/2014 13:15, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Oh, and afterwards ensure systemd is not re-added. The
> prevent-systemd-* package set can do this in three steps,
> although I don’t currently see even prevent-systemd-running
> (Conflicts mostly with systemd-sysv) being accepted, so
> you’d have to pregenerate some APT pinning configuration
> and hope it holds.

Do you suggest to also add pinning configuration in order to prevent
sysvinit or upstart being installed accidently by default?

It's not in most users' interest to switch init systems without
intention, but could happen in unstable when dependencies are
temporarily not satifiable otherwise...

scnr,
Ansgar