Re: Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Norbert,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014, at 11:43, Norbert Preining wrote:
[...]
> The base line of this discussion for me is:
[...]
> * from my point of view, it would be best to throw out Av immediately
>   and switch to ffmpeg before release.

It would be great if you didn't send your personal judgements
to the list. We have seen too much of that in past days,
we don't need to add more.

And the most important thing - we don't do decisions based
on who is who[1] and how do they behave to each other, but
based on technical merits.

And while I agree that we should switch to ffmpeg for jessie,
it's based solely on the QA, code features and level of usage
of ffmpeg library users that move my opinion towards the
ffmpeg side.

1. With the exception of clearly hostile upstream which is not
the case here.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>