Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> This does not work in Debian: you always need the .orig.tar.* file,
> at least for the upload, for non-native packages.

You need it from somewhere, but the whole point of pristine-tar is that
you can generate the orig.tar.* from information in the git repository.

The smallest quantity of bread that can be sliced and toasted has yet
to be experimentally determined. In the quantum limit we must
necessarily encounter fundamental toast particles which the author
will unflinchingly designate here as "croutons".
 -- Cser, Jim. Nanotechnology and the Physical Limits of Toastability.
    AIR 1:3, June, 1995.