Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

Hi Russ,

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 10:31:26AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:
>
> > As Charles wrote, pristine-tar works with small tarballs, but when
> > upstream has multi-megabytes tarballs and releases often, the Git
> > repository quickly grows to something not manageable.
>
> This does not match my experience at all.  I have packaged software like
> that with pristine-tar, and the pristine-tar branch is still quite small.

I agree it is small but has trouble with >2GB files (see #737499).

The issue was discussed on Debian Med list in connection with packaging
vista-foia[1+following].

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2014/02/msg00008.html