Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:
> On the other hand, downloading the tarball from the archive is not
> automated by any tool afaics.
> That means, git-buildpackage will happily re-create the dist tarball
> from the upstream branch.
> If you are not watching really carefully, this step is very easy to miss.
>
> It's also very easy to forget this particular caveat when you do
> stable-security uploads.
> And as the stable-security archive will *not* reject such a tarball, you
> can end up with tarballs which have different md5sums in stable and
> stable-security.

The archive softwrae should catch this by now: we sync the list of files
including hashes from ftp-master to security-master daily. If you upload
a file to security-master that does not match the file in the list, the
upload will be rejected.

There's still a race if you upload different .orig.tar.* to
security-master and ftp-master on the same day, but the most common
errors should be catched.

Ansgar